There's More to Life than Books you Know...
Ah Morrissey was so right, there's much more to life than Dan's dreary class and this weekend was just chock full of it. First things first, Kill Bill What a gorgeous bloody outrageous gem of a movie! I think this is the year of the tossed plot line, away with intricate plots and sneaky surprise endings, give us self indulgent, glossy, wipe that blood out of your eye sockets, seat popping fisticuffs..We saw that with the second Matrix movie and now with volume 1 of what promises to be a whopper of a two part series. (This is also the year of sequels/trilogies/what have you but that's another story). If you haven't seen it yet, run out right now and do it! The humongous number of references to other films is much too large and tedious for me to catalogue here, I am sure there are countless anoraks doing that as we speak, but I will point out that the final fight scene with Lucy Liu, both in the teahouse and out is pure kabuki theatre. Uma Thurman is clearly meant to be Bruce Lee in Game of Death and....okay I'll leave it at that :-D
I MUST go see it again, and for those kendokas out there, it'll put a little spring back in your step...hehehe...
This weekend was the first time I accompanied someone to one of "those parties" as their date. You know, the kind where the hosts say it's okay to bring someone which usually means that it's full to the gills with the usual hetero platter: girlfriends, wives, fiancees... That made it doubly pleasurable, first of all that I was invited *preen* and second that I was so obviously not on the menu! Thankfully there was one other black person there, I can only be a synecdoche for so much at one time thankyouverymuch. I could just feel the wheels turning in all those puzzled heads when I arrived with J...ahhh it was pleasurable and yet slightly disturbing all at the same time. Ha! Mindfucks!
Then the rest of the weekend was spent in pleasant lollygagging about the apartment with J. until work reared its ugly head and refused to be put off any longer. Sigh. Well, the Propaganda Assassin Squad shall return to fight once more! Muahahahaha! (You had to have been there :-p)
Tiesto! 10 Days!
oh and errr *bouncy bouncy*
This time, for real...
Sunday, October 12
Because a hare has no horns...and my Kung Fu is still Invicible!
About Me

- Name: WM
- Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States
Twenty something year old gay Kenyan grad student living in the Midwest
Previous Posts
- Ahhh....thank Buddha the weekend is nigh
- Assorted amusing quotes from yesterday: "I get ne...
- Ohhh..everything hurts! Well not quite everything ...
- Gave a kick-ass lecture today :-) It definitely d...
- Heeeee! *bouncy bouncy* A certain somebody is mak...
- Ahhhh...i love my Dad. He's been a professor for m...
- OK, so maybe I don't have to spill *all* the beans...
- Lawdy, do I really need to keep you all updated wi...
- Ohhh...hooray for retroactive posting! Blogger you...
- Prof Dan in my 700 level seminar today, "It's only...
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home