Thursday, April 3

Seen tonight in the chatroom:

"Don't talk to those guys, they have HIV"

I mean, seriously...what is this, 1986?

In other news I have finally found an author who agrees with me,

"Although feminists have identified gender as a social institution oppressive to women, the most radically deconstructionist feminists tend, ironically, to reinforce heteropolarity, since 'woman' - inevitably- constitutes a privileged sign within feminist discourse, and since radical feminist constructions of gender tend to be organised around a definitional -albeit anathematised-masculine norm." (Tamsin Wilton)(italics added)

You go, girl

Maybe I should mention SARS just so I can get some Google hits...SARS, SARS, SARS, but on a serious note, I wonder how many cases China actually has that they are not reporting? Why is it that SARS does not have the same pattern of infection in the US/Canada that it does in Southeast Asia..something does not compute here...

It makes no sense for an infectious (presumably viral) disease to have such divergent patterns of incubation and transmission, unless there are hidden factors or vectors we don't know about that make it much more successful in China than in the US. Strange.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home